Here are 5 tips to help prevent crime at ATMs this holiday season:
- Have your ATM card ready and in your hand as you approach the ATM.
- Use your body to “shield” the ATM keyboard as you enter your PIN.
- Do not count or visually display any money you received from the ATM (Immediately put your money into your pocket or purse and count it later).
- If you are using a drive-up ATM, be sure passenger windows are rolled up and all doors are locked.
- If you leave your car and walk to the ATM, lock your car.
For more tips on ATM, online security, and Identity Theft Prevention, visit: easternsavingsbank.com/consumer-resources