Eastern Savings Bank is committed to providing a user-friendly online experience for all of our visitors and customers – including those with vision and/or hearing impairments and other disabilities.
Through this continuous commitment, Eastern Savings Bank has pledged to maintain website standards which meet the requirements of the Americans with Disabilities Act (“ADA”). We test our website, easternsavingsbank.com, annually to ensure that it is functional by all visitors and customers who use assistive technology.
We’ve teamed up with our website developer, Adventure Web Interactive, to take the necessary steps to ensure that all pages and PDFs meet the following ADA guidelines, including (but not limited to):
• Every image, video file, audio file, plug-in, etc. has an alt tag
• Complex graphics are accompanied by detailed text descriptions
• The alt descriptions describe the purpose of the objects
• If an image is also used as a link, make sure the alt tag describes the graphic and the link destination
• Decorative graphics with no other function have empty alt descriptions (alt= “”)
• Captions are added to videos
• Text transcripts are created
• Created links to videos rather than embedding them into web pages
• Added link to media player downloads
• Added additional links to text transcript
• Pages provide alternative links to Image Maps
• The tags contain an alt attribute
• Data tables have the column and row headers appropriately identified (using thetag)
• Tables used strictly for layout purposes do NOT have header rows or columns
• Table cells are associated with the appropriate headers (e.g. with the id, headers, scope and/or axis HTML attributes)
• Pages do not contain repeatedly flashing images
• Ensured all pages do not contain a strobe effect
• All Java applets, scripts and plug-ins (including Acrobat PDF files and PowerPoint files, etc.) and the content within them are accessible to assistive technologies, or else an alternative means of accessing equivalent content is provided
• When form controls are text input fields use the LABEL element
• When text is not available use the title attribute
• Included any special instructions within field labels
• Form fields are in a logical tab order
• Included a ‘Skip Navigation’ button to help those using text readers
• Allowed the size of text to be manipulated and made larger or smaller.
Send us accessibility feedback
If you’re a visitor with a disability and would like to send us feedback about ADA accessibility on our website, please contact us. (Caution: Please do NOT email confidential information)
Eastern Savings Bank is committed to developing ways to provide our customers with more efficient and better quality products and services. Thank you for visiting Eastern Savings Bank.